Activities are able to be created, viewed, and edited with the mobile application and should be just like the desktop application. For more information on how to add an activity, refer to the link below.
Modifying fields on the form can show and hide other fields based on the field requirements. Activities can be created as Email or Text Outs that will email/text automatically based on the date and time selected.
Activity references, activity results, email templates or text templates may require other information to be saved. This other information can consist of an inquiry, appointment, job, a from email address or a phone number to send a text. Email and text templates that require production or service information are not currently supported.
- An Activity is considered Completed as long as it has any Result.
- Activity Rules will be applied if the activity rule has been set up on the desktop application.
- All Activities for a Contact will display with viewing the Contact or when viewing any Appointment for the Contact
Tasks are able to be created, viewed, edited, and marked completed within the mobile application.
- Tasks for a specific related item will only show for that item. When viewing an item like an Appointment, only Tasks on the specific Appointment will be shown. Tasks from related entities will not be aggregated.
- Tasks on Calendar views will appear as all day events because Salesforce Tasks only have a a Due Date field and not Due Time field.
- Reminder fields (Reminder Date, Reminder Time) on Tasks in Salesforce are not supported.
- Reminder fields are not supported because they do not get returned from the Task Page Layout webservice.
- Reminders for Tasks should be set from the desktop application or a custom workflow rule created.
- In Salesforce Classic setting the Name field is not supported since the Name field can only look up to Contacts and Salesforce Classic uses i360 Prospects
- If an Activity or Task does not have a Due Date, it will not show up the To-Do Today list.