MarketSharp search looks for matching contacts based on what is typed in the search box. The search bar searches for the fields below:
- Full name
- First name
- Last name
- Contact's address (not inquiry or job site addresses)
- Address line one
- Contact's email addresses (primary, secondary or tertiary)
- Contact's phone numbers
The search returns the top 10 results, if a desired result isn't displaying, the user needs to type in more information.
Adding a Prospect
Users are able to add a new prospect via the mobile app on the Prospect Search screen. Adding in a new prospect will bring you back to the prospect screen. You will be able to see the prospect under the Recent Prospects section on the Prospect Search screen.
After getting search results, the following actions are available:
- Navigating to the Prospect's address
When the required information does not exist for a Prospect, the action can not be completed. For example, if the Prospect does not have an address, navigating the Prospect is not possible. Same for email, if you do not have the Prospect's email, you will not be able to email the Prospect etc.
If a user searches for a prospect/contact that is already displaying in the Recent Prospects section, selecting either the searched prospect or the recent prospect will result in both prospects being highlighted.
Although not indicated on the form directly in order to add a contact to MarketSharp, a user must provide:
- Last Name (Shows required on the form)
- Phone number or email
If the user does not enter in a phone or email, upon save, a message will appear indicating the user needs to enter in a phone or email.
When adding a Contact, the Contact's Type (Prospect, Lead or Customer) field can be set. When updating a Contact, the Type field cannot be changed as it could cause data loss when the Type is changed.
- Phone numbers will always put the primary phone number as the first one. If there is no primary phone number, the first phone number in the list will be listed first.
- To remove a phone number, delete the phone number in the phone number field and then hit save. This will delete the phone number entry.
- Only 3 phone numbers are editable. The primary phone number will always be first and then two other phone numbers.