In order to collect payments, will need to have an account setup with PaySimple.
- The organization backend needs to have PaySimple API Username and secrets setup and marked as active.
- improveit 360 users can optionally install AppConnect and sign into AppConnect with the PaySimple credentials.
- In order to collect a Payment:
- It is recommended to have a balance due. Negative balances cannot be collected.
- Payments should be collected within 5 minutes. This is due to the PaySimple checkout token being valid for only 5 minutes. (https://documentation.paysimple.com/docs/paysimplejs-getting-started#step-3-fetch-checkout-token-client-side). User will see "Complete payment collection by" with a timestamp of when they will need to complete a payment before that time.
- When the Collect Payment button is tapped, the customers First Name, Last Name, Email address and Balance Due will be pre-populated. Some other helpful information may be included in the Notes field.
- If using AppConnect, once the payment complete (success or failure), the user is redirected from AppConnect back into the screen last left off.
- There are two ways to collect payments: Adding a payment record and processing a transaction.
- Add Payment: Adds a record that a payment was collected. This is typically used when cash is given or a hand written check is given.
- Collect Payment: Process a payment through a payment processor such as PaySimple. This is typically used when a credit card transaction needs process or a direct ACH payment is immediately transferred.
- Stored Payment Methods
- When a payment is collected, the Credit Card or ACH account is linked to that customer. Future transactions for this customer can use this same account.
- New Customers - Any payment method becomes a stored payment method.
- Existing Customers - All existing payment methods are listed and can be selected or a new payment method can be added.
- Payments are Collected on the Job object with embedded payments only. AppConnect is not supported for MarketSharp.
- When the payment is collected on the Job object, a payment will be created in PaySimple and a payment created under Job Financials for the Job.
- If a payment is not collected on a Job or the Job doesn't have a contract, the payment will appear on the Desktop Payment Manager for linking to proper Job.
- Payment Types
- Add Payment: Adds a Payment to the Job Financials
- Collect Payment: Processes credit card or ACH payment, adds to PaySimple and then adds a Payment to the Job Financials
- Payments are collected on Sale object with embedded payments or if PaySimple AppConnect is installed. The button to collect a payment via AppConnect is only shown if AppConnect is installed on the device.
- Once a payment is complete, the following happen
- The Prospect (Classic) or Contact (Lightning) is updated with the PaySimple AccountId and CustomerId for future use.
- A Receipt & Adjustment (Classic) or Payment (Lightning) is added to Sale with the PaySimple transaction details
- Payment Types
- Add Payment: Adds a Receipt & Adjustment (Classic) or Payment (Lightning) record to the Sale.
- Collect Payment: Processes credit card or ACH payment, adds to PaySimple and then adds a Receipt & Adjustment (Classic) or Payment (Lightning) record to the Sale
- Additional Details
- The Prospect object fields: i360__PaySimple_Customer_Id__c and i360__PaySimple_Account_Id__c need proper field level security set (Profiles that need access should have Visible = true ). This is important for recurring customers and stored payment methods.
- After a payment is collected for a new customer, the user should appear as a customer in PaySimple.
- After a payment is collected for an existing customer, the payment should appear as a new PaySimple linked to the existing customer in PaySimple.
- After a payment is added or updated, the Sale/Job should be refreshed with the adjusted Balance due.