- Choose Print Assistant for Prospects, Leads, or Customers on the left side of MarketSharp M (this example will be done in the Prospects section)
2. Choose Print File Maintenance
3. Choose your category (this example will be done using a 2-up postcard)
4. Choose Edit to the left of the postcard that you would like to edit
5. Wait until the list and label editor pops up
6. Once you see your postcard, double click on the address box (where you would like tosee “or Current Resident” placed”)
7. Select a line on the paragraph properties box that pops up (the line of the address thatyou double clicked on will be the one that is highlighted)
8. Press the “Copy” icon at the top of the paragraph properties box – NOTE: the copy feature will copy the formatting of the line that is highlighted. If you want your “or Current Resident” to be bold, highlight the top line, if you don’t, highlight the second line
9. Press the “Paste” icon at the top of the paragraph properties box – this will paste the line that you copied into the paragraph properties box.
10. Double-click on the line that you just created to edit it (the Edit Text box will pop up).NOTE: this line will turn into your “or Current Resident” line.
11. Delete the merge field (the maroon text) at the bottom of the Edit Text box (in this example, my merge field says “MarketSharp.Contact.Address”, however, yours may say something different depending on the line that you copied)
12. Type “Or Current Resident” in the area where you just deleted the maroon text – NOTE: because we are typing text and not a placing a merge field, we need to make sure that the text is surrounded in quotes. If the quotes do not exist, you will get an error. You will be able to tell that you have done this step correctly by the “i” in the lower left-hand corner. (This example shows you how it will look if done correctly).
13. Once you are done press “Okay” on the Edit Text box.
14. Then press “Okay” on the Paragraph Properties box.
15. Resize your address box to make it longer so that all the address lines will show. (in the example below, the last address line is not showing yet).
16. Save your document by pressing “Control + S” or the save button at the top of the list and label editor.
17. Overwrite the existing file or give the file a new name in the save box –NOTE: You cannot overwrite Standard Mailers – overwriting will simply create a new Company Mailer with the same name and description of the Standard Mailer. So if you pressed Edit on a Standard Mailer, then choose to “Overwrite the Existing” you will now have a Company Mailer that holds your changes. The Standard Mailer will remain the same.
18. Choose “Ok” on the box that tells you that your “File saved to server successfully.”You can now find your saved postcard in your Print Assistant for either Prospects, Leads, or Customers, in the Category you selected (this example was a 2-up postcard) and in your Company Mailers.