This documentation demonstrates the necessary steps needed to get information from Zapier into MarketSharp. In order to step through this documentation, there are some prerequisites:
- Access to MarketSharp Admin
- Access to Custom Lead Capture in MarketSharp Admin
- Zapier Account*
- First Name and Last Name Separated on the form**
- Gravity Forms and Zapier Add-on***
- The free version of Zapier is limited to 5 Zaps. That means that you can only connect 5 different apps to funnel into MarketSharp
- The free version does not allow the use of Premium Apps found on Zapier. The most popular one being Facebook Lead Ads
- The free version caps out at 100 tasks. This means that you can only get 100 submissions of new leads per month. If you receive more than 100 leads a month, you will want to use a paid version of Zapier.
MarketSharpWe will need to log into MarketSharp and navigate to Admin in the upper right. Once in the Admin section, select Custom Lead Captures found under Lead Capture Setup Within the Custom Lead Capture Maintenance page, select Add lead capture on the left side to create a new lead capture. Fill in the fields below. Options 3-6 can be considered to be optional and skipped if necessary.
ZapierThere are a couple of ways to get started using the MarketSharp app in Zapier. You can start with creating your own work flow which uses templates we created to be used with our App. Like the one shown below: However, this option may not always be the best choice because you may be wanting to use an app we do not have template for. In which case, you will start by simply creating a Zap Give your Zap a name that is recognizable. The name will show up on your Zaps.
Gravity Form App Setup in ZapierWe will want to choose the App we are obtaining our leads from. In this case, we are using Gravity Forms. Search and Select Gravity Forms Once we select Gravity Forms, fill in the required fields and hit continue. We need to set up our webhook. This webhook links our Gravity Form to Zapier. When the Gravity Form is submitted, the submitted information will get to Zapier. Copy the Webhook URL. Using the Zapier Add-on, add in the Zap Name and Webhook URL (the one that was just copied) into the two required fields. Save the Zapier Feed. After the Webhook URL information has been added to the Gravity Form Zapier Add-on, continue on in Zapier. Test the trigger to make sure that the connection between the Gravity Form and Zapier is working. if Successful, the returned information will be displayed and Sample Data will be filled in. The sample data for this request is using Mr. Bilbo Baggins. This completes the Gravity Form setup in Zapier. Click continue to set up the MarketSharp app in Zapier.
MarketSharp App Setup in ZapierThe next step will to be deliver the new Gravity Form submission to MarketSharp. Search for MarketSharp in the search box and select the MarketSharp app. Make sure the required fields are filled in like below, and click Continue You will then need to click Sign in to MarketSharp. This is how we can identify what company and what form to use in MarketSharp Enter your user credentials along with your company Id and click Yes, Continue. After successfully logging in, your MarketSharp account will be displayed along with your company Id and username. Click Continue to move to the next step. Since we have already created our Lead Capture prior to this. We can now select it as an option. Make sure to map in all the required fields in this section. As of right now, we have a limited number of fields to be mapped. This will be expanded on in the future, but since we are in the beta phase, we kept the options limited to the necessary fields. Those are:
- First Name (required)
- Last Name (required)
- Phone Number (required if no Email is available)
- Email (required if no Phone Number is available)
- Address Line 1 (optional)
- Address Line 2 (optional)
- City (optional)
- State (optional)
- Zip (optional)
- Product Interests (optional)