- Document Generation requires an internet connection, no offline mode support. Since the documents are generated on the server and downloaded, there is no way to provide document generation with out a good connections
- Requires i360 Pro Salesforce Package Spring 2020 or later
- The default title of the document will be the following
- Quotes: <i360__Prospect__c>.<i360__Correspondence_Name__c> - Quote.pdf
- Document Generation for items cannot happen until everything is persisted on the server. If anything is staged in mobile, Document generation is disabled.
- When generating a document, document template must be selected. Once selected, the document template id, new document name, and parent id to attach the new PDF to is sent the server.
- The server generates the document, attaches it to the parent.
- The mobile app, downloads the new document and navigates the user to the new document for viewing.
- The new documents generated can also be seen in the list of attachments
- After PDF has been generated, can email to Prospect. Tap ellipses (or swipe left on the item) and 'Email'. Mail app will open with generated template with the prospects email address, subject and body pre-populated.
- Must be signed into Mail application or will get a message that it is not installed.
- PDF will be sent as attachment.
- The action to email the PDF to a user can take place on any PDF list item and should pre-populate the prospects information in the email.
- If document generation fails, a PDF will still be created with the error message in the PDF.
- For example, if a document is attempted to be created with a document template name that does not exist. The error message Unable to locate Document will be in a PDF that is generated
- We do not provide thumbnails of the PDFs in the list view because it is impossible to read. Instead, we display a PDF icon. The full PDF can be viewed when tapping on the list item.
- Generating a PDF for a quote does not:
- 🚫 Deleting old attachments
- 🚫 Signature areas
- 🚫 Long file names
- 🚫 Non-unique document template names. Document template names need to be unique across all folders.
- Users will need access to the i360.PDFGeneratorREST Apex Class on their Profile (under Enabled Apex Classes) or will get the following error when generating a PDF for a quote:
You do not have access to the Apex class named: PDFGeneratorREST.
- Test with basic Document Templates and complex Document Templates
- Test generating a Quote with a Document Template that has been updated or deleted from the server
- If document generation fails, ensure the error message is displayed to the user