Files and Attachments
Files can be added as Attachments to certain entities like Appointments and Quotes. When files are selected from a media gallery like the Photos app, they can be uploaded one by one or in bulk by selecting Upload all. If the entity you are adding files as an attachment to doesn't exist on the server yet (say a quote), the upload buttons will be disabled since you cannot add attachments to an item that doesn't exist remotely yet.
MarketSharp attachments are being downloaded upon logging in for contacts that have appointments with a 30 day date range of today's date. Refreshing the home screen will download any new attachments to their respective contacts. The attachments can be viewed under appointments, contact, quotes and attachment selection in the menu.
- Saving an attachment file description is currently not supported
- Max file size for file uploads is 25MB (MarketSharp and Salesforce limit).
- Company logo will appear on home screen after the discovery and synchronization process.
- Recommend to not have any white space around the company logo for best display, cropped tight to logo.
- For the best on-screen display, recommend using an image with a transparent background
- Can select files from the camera, gallery (Photos App) or file system (Files app).
Supported File Types
HEIC file types (iOS only, Live Photo) are not supported. HEIC files are converted to jpg file types so can be previewed in the app and in web browsers.
Salesforce Documents and Attachments are supported. Attachments are files that are linked to another object such as an Appointment. Documents are files that are stand alone and reside in a folder such as the Company Logo. Attachments cannot be updated/replaced - a new attachment must be uploaded and the old attachment deleted. Documents however can be replaced. More information on differences and purpose of how Salesforce file options can be found at: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=collab_files_differences.htm&type=5
Salesforce Documents in the following folders will be downloaded and available to mobile users:
- Mobile Docs
In order for the company logo to be downloaded, the file name must be CompanyLogo.jpg
- When a Salesforce Document is replaced, it will only be re-downloaded if the file size of the previous file is different than the new file.
- Photos can be chosen from the photo gallery or take a photo directly from the camera.
- When a photo is taken from the camera, the photo taken is automatically saved to the users gallery. This is done intentionally to the photo can be referenced later if need be so no photo data can be lost.
- In order to choose photos from the gallery or use the camera, the user must grant permission to the app to allow access to those resources. If the user declined the initial permission request, they can go to the Settings app > Choose the mobile app name and then allow access to either the gallery or camera.
- `%` (percent) signs are not allowed in file names and get removed. These often get added to file names that contain spaces and are encoded as `%20`. The special character is removed and only 20 is left in the file name.