File and Image Optimization
Displaying images on mobile devices is largely impacted by file size of images. All attachments for Appointments, Quotes, Products are downloaded when they are attempted to be viewed. When large files (PDF's or images) exists, it can cause the process to take some time, take up large amount of storage on the users device and eat away at users data plan. We recommend the following to reduce negative impacts and optimal usage experience:
- Be cautious on the file sizes of the images uploaded to Desktop as large file sizes could degrade the mobile experience.
- Recommend not to upload image with dimensions larger than the device screen size.
- Recommend images are web optimized.
- When uploading images from the Gallery or Camera, they will be converted to type JPEG and file dimensions reduced to around 1024 pixels to help save upload and download speeds.
- Any Attachments uploaded to a Product will downloaded. Only the first attachment will be used to preview a Product image.
- When a non-image such as PDF is the first attachment, a blank space will show up instead of an image.
- If an updated image is wanted, the previous attachment needs to be deleted and the new attachment uploaded.