This tutorial will walk you through the process of Adding a Job to a Customer Record.
Note: In order to add a job to a contact record, the contact will need to be converted from a Lead (indicated by a red bar across the top of the page - See Illustration 1) to a Customer (indicated by a green bar across the top of the page - See Illustration 2).
If you need help converting a lead to a customer then check out this helpful tutorial here - Converting a Lead to a Customer
Once you've converted a Lead to a Customer, typically you will be given the option of Save and Create Job upon conversion. However, that is not always the only time you will add a job to a Customer's record.
For Example, the contact could be a repeat Customer or you could have added the contact in as a customer as a result from a direct sale. There are various reasons that could so let's take a look at how to add a job.
The first step is to locate the customer's record. This can be found in the Contact Tab located on the blue upper bar in MarketSharp.
Once in the Contacts section in MS, look for the Quick Find Bar on the leftmost part of the page.
You can also utilize the Omni-Search feature as well from anywhere in MarketSharp. This is the search bar at the top of the webpage.
Once you locate this customer, click on Jobs Tab on the record (if you use Tab View (See Illustration A) or click the + on the Jobs section to expand the option (If you use Panel View [See Illustration B])
Once you have accessed the jobs section of the contact record, to add the job click Add New Job.
On the Add/Edit Job Screen, you will notice quite a bit of Mandatory Data that will be displayed.
The following data points will need to have information entered in order to Add the Job successfully:
- Job Name - Not to be confused with the Job Number, the job name can be something as simple as the name of the customer. You can name the job whichever you prefer and be sure to consult with your admin if they have a certain way to name this.
- Contract Status - Depending on the situation the contract for this job may be pending or approved, choose whichever option is applicable.
- Contract Date - when the job is signed or approved.
- Lead Inquiry & Sold Appointment - yes the customer will need to have a relevant inquiry and appointment that is marked sold and must be selected from these two drop downs. (Here is some tutorials on Adding or Editing Appointments & Add an Inquiry to an Existing Customer Record).
- Sale Type - the only two options here are Original Contract and Addendum (which means to add to the original contract).
- Product/Service - Choose whichever product the customer is looking to have installed or purchased.
- Price - The price of the overall job.
Click Save once finished and you now have added a job to your customer!