- MarketSharp: uses the time zone of the company settings.
- Salesforce: uses the time zone of the current signed in users profile setting of time zone.
- When changing the users time zone setting or company time zone setting, it is important to note that field values will remain the same but displayed differently to the user based the applied time zone setting.
- The time zone of the device's current location will not be used. When the device's time zone is different from the users time zone setting a message of "The current time zone of the device is different than the time zone being used for the date/time field" will appear warning the user.
- Picklist options can display an inactive value only if is the option was previously active and then made inactive.
- When the option in the picklist is inactive, it will have the text "(N/A)" appended to it.
- The inactive selection will remain available until the user selects an active option in the picklist and saves the record. At this point, that inactive selection will no longer be available as an option in the picklist.
- Cannot be edited without an internet connection due to search requests for new values to backend.
- Fields of type
referencerequire at least 2 characters before a search to the backend is kicked off.
- Fields of type
- After a referenced field is selected, the value selected for the field is cached locally. The value will appear under as a recently used value for the field next time the field is edited so the value doesn't have to be searched for again.
- When the textarea has HTML in it (Rich text field), the HTML will be rendered not but editable.
- Supported HTML tags:
u. When other HTML tags are included, the field, the rending of the field may work as expected but not guaranteed.
- Make sure HTML is properly formatted and an HTML snippet, not a complete HTML document. The HTML snippet gets wrapped in a
<html><body>tag structure when rendered.
- Rich Text Fields that are longer than
5lines, add a "Read More" blue text/hyperlink that will navigate the user to read the rest of the text on it's own page
- MarketSharp doesn't not have fields of type time.
- Time fields in Salesforce are UTC based (timezone offset of 0).
- `Notes & Attachments` need to be in the Page Layouts in the Related Lists section for attachments to be downloaded.
- Cannot upload Files to an item before is exist remotely. Example, cannot upload attachments to a quote before the quote has been created.
- Default Value formula fields are not supported.
- The only supported values for default values formulas are the following:
Today()functions and days in the future such as
- Constant values like
When editing field values, if there are any pending changes on a form and the user tries to navigate away, a prompt will show these actions:
- Save changes: The changed values will be staged, saved to the server and redirected back to the Home Screen.
- Discard changes: The changed values will be discard and redirected back to the Home Screen.
- Cancel: The changed values will stay the same and will stay on the current screen.